Last Updated: August 8, 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
How we collect and store information depends on how you access and use the Platform. We collect information in multiple ways including when you provide information directly to us, when you permit third parties to provide information to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as information collected from your browser or device.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect information from you during your use or access of the Platform, such as:
- When you register for an Account;
- When you make a hire or request a hire;
- When you fill out any forms;
- When you transmit User Content; or
- When you otherwise communicate with us or other users through the Platform.
When you register as a company or freelancer, the information you provide directly to us may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to: (a) name; (b) zip code; (c) email address; (d) home or business telephone number; (e) home, business or mailing address; (f) demographic information (e.g., gender, age, political preference, education, race or ethnic origin, and other information relevant to user surveys and/or offers); (g) date of birth; (h) insurance information; (i) photographs; (j) information about your credentials, request or need; (l) in certain circumstances, payment and/or identity verification information. and/or (m) any other content you include in private communications with other users through the Platform or communications with us. It may also include information specific to services you are requesting or offering through the Platform, such as a business name, service description, qualifications and credentials. You are not required to provide us with such information, but certain features of the Platform may not be accessible or available, absent the provision of the requested information.
Information from Affiliates, Social Networking Sites, and other Non-affiliated Third Parties
We may collect information about you or others through ShiftDoc affiliates or through non-affiliated third parties. For example, you may be able to access the Platform through a business networking account, such as Linkedin. If you access the Platform through your Linkedin account, you may allow us to have access to certain information in your Linkedin profile. This may include your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, location, date of birth, email address, people you follow and/or who follow you.
Business networking sites, such as Linkedin, have their own policies for handling your information. For a description of how these sites may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult the sites' privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
We may also collect information about you or others through non-affiliated third parties. For example, to the extent permitted by law, we may, in our sole discretion, ask for and collect supplemental information from third parties, such as information about your credit from a credit bureau, or information to verify your identity or trustworthiness, or for other fraud or safety protection purposes. We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected
We (or our service providers acting on our behalf) may collect information about how you use our Site or our services. This information includes information that may identify you as well as statistical information (“Analytics”) that does not identify you. Some Analytics may be correlated with your account information. Usage information may include:
- The Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
- Identification numbers associated with your Devices;
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings;
- Locale preferences;
- Application activity such as app upload, app download, app installation, app uninstallation, app start, app play duration, app stop, app crashes, app network activity and app resource consumption;
- Date and time stamps associated with transactions;
- System configuration information;
- Metadata concerning your mobile or smartphone apps; and
- Other interactions with our Site.
Location Information. When you use the Platform, we may collect general location information (such as IP address). If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation, and we may use that information to improve the Platform.
- Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser window. We use session cookies to grant our users access to content and to enable actions they must be logged in to do.
- Persistent cookies: These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the Site for our users. For example, we may use a persistent cookie to associate you with your user account or to remember your choices on the Site, but this only works when cookies on our site are enabled.
- Third party cookies: We may permit limited third parties to place cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Site. For example, we may use analytics service providers like Google Analytics to analyze usage patterns of the Site. These providers generate a cookie to capture information about your use of the Site which is then used to compile reports on Site activity for us and to provide other related services. These providers may use a portion of your IP address to identify their cookie, but this will not be associated with any other data held by these providers.
We may also permit third party service providers to place cookies through our Site, as indicated above, to perform analytic or marketing functions where you are notified of them and you have consented to the usage. We do not control the use of such third party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third-party service providers.
HOW SHIFTDOC USES THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To enable you to use the services available through the Platform, including registering you for our services and verifying your identity and authority to use our services;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal record-keeping purposes;
- To process billing and payment including sharing with third-party payment gateways and payment service providers in connection with the Platform;
- To improve and maintain the Platform and for product development;
- To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing;
- With your consent, to contact you by text message regarding certain services or information you have requested;
- With your consent, to contact you by telephone or text message regarding Platform features, improvements, or other products and services that may interest you;
- For ShiftDoc’s market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Platform according to your interests;
- For other research and analytical purposes; and
- To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of the Platform, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Platform.
PRIVACY OF MINORS
This Site is not designed nor intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 18 (“Minors”). We do not knowingly collect information from Minors. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any information to us.
WHEN SHIFTDOC DISCLOSES YOUR INFORMATION
Unless otherwise described in this Policy, we may also share the information that we collect from you through the Platform as follows:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with any ShiftDoc affiliates.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to your information to select third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us including without limitation billing, sales, marketing, advertising, market research, fulfillment, data storage, analysis and processing, identity verification, fraud and safety protection and legal services. As we retain new service providers, we generally seek contractual assurances from these service providers that they will not use your information in any manner other than to help us provide you with the services and products available from ShiftDoc.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your information when required by law or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive; (b) establish or exercise our legal rights including enforcing and administering agreements with users; or (c)defend ShiftDoc against legal claims. If we are required by law to disclose your information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you unless (a) we believe in our sole discretion that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death, or that harm or fraud could be directed to ShiftDoc or users; or (b) we are precluded from providing notice by law. We will attempt to provide the notice by email if you have given us an email address. If you do not challenge the disclosure request, we may be legally required to turn over your information.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions or where there is any change of control of ShiftDoc, user information may be among the transferred assets.
- Academics and Research. We may provide information about users to third parties for academic and research purposes, in anonymized or aggregated form.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
For California residents only. ShiftDoc is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Platform for third party purposes. Pursuant to California law, California residents are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. Please email us at [email protected] to request a copy of our disclosure pursuant to California law.
We utilize reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect information against unauthorized access, misuse or disclosure. ShiftDoc may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your information.
You also play a role in protecting your information. Please safeguard your user name and password and do not share them with others. If we receive instructions using your log-in information, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL PLATFORMS
The Platform may contain links to other websites or resources over which ShiftDoc does not have any control. We may also allow third-party sites or applications to link to the Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties or the content of linked sites, but we do encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies and terms and conditions of such parties or web sites.
UPDATING, DELETING, AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING EMAIL OR TEXT COMMUNICATIONS
We send appropriate information via email or text, based on your preference stated during account registration. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your Account or any services you have requested or received from us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
THIS POLICY IS CURRENT AS OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. SHIFTDOC MAY, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, CHANGE THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME. SHIFTDOC WILL POST ITS UPDATED POLICY ON THE PLATFORM, SEND YOU A MESSAGE OR OTHERWISE NOTIFY YOU WHEN YOU ARE LOGGED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT IN ADVANCE OF THE NEW EFFECTIVE DATE. SHIFTDOC ENCOURAGES YOU TO REVIEW THIS POLICY REGULARLY FOR ANY CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THE THEN-CURRENT POLICY.